Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What a way to start of the week!!!

Last night was relatively an eventful Monday…Austin had a t-ball game so we where cooking dinner a little later than normal. It was about 7:30pm. I was about to pull out garlic bread from the oven. I put the oven mitt on my hand, then immediately threw it off. This is then how it went:

Me: OMG, there is something in there (while moving around the kitchen holding my finger). Mike you have to take the bread out of the oven before it burns.

Mike: (placing the “same” oven mitt on his hand, then immediately threw it off) OMG, there “is” something in there (while moving around the kitchen holding his finger)

Mike opens up the oven mitt… Crawling out of the oven mitt is a Scorpion. (nasty) He tosses it into the sink, and then kills the scorpion.

**Meanwhile Austin is in the background standing on the couch, screaming at me to not go into the garage because there could be more. Also telling me that I have already asked Mike ten times how big the scorpion is and that this is now making eleven. (Goodness…Sorry for annoying him with my repeated question, I was a little freaked out by the scorpion)

Mike then makes several phone calls to the Navy Coreman, poison control and an urgent care facility. All with the same advice… take your pregnant wife to Urgent Care to be seen. Needless to say, that is where we ended up.

2 comments:

. said...

YIKES girl!!! So I am assuming since you are writing this post that everything is ok?

April said...

Yes.. all is good! Their bites sound scary than they really are. More like a bee sting. But still creepy!!!